Sunday 4 November 2012

And there was Love


Photo credit: Here

God has put a treasure of gifts and abilities in each one of us. Gifts and abilities which He wants to reveal, develop and bless other people with. Often we don’t even see what our own gifts and abilities are, because it’s to “close to us” so to speak or so deeply hidden that we don’t even know about it or sometimes we are so busy doing what we think we ought to do, that we don’t listen to our hearts and find our real passion.
Sometimes, actually often, God uses people and circumstances to reveal gifts and abilities in us that we never knew we had. I count it such a privilege when God shows me what He sees in somebody even if it is just for a second, to see another person through His eyes. He takes you beyond their physical appearance, beyond brokenness, walls of defences, pretence, the hurt which the world has placed on someone, their pain, their suffering and He shows you, “Look, see what a treasure I have hidden inside this person, see who I have made him to be.” And suddenly your heart floods with love for this person as you recognise with what beauty he/she has been made.
People walk around believing what the world has said about them, “You are so lazy, so stubborn, so broken, so weak, so undesirable, so ugly, such a failure" and the list goes on. It’s time that we get a second opinion, an opinion from the One whose opinion really matters. It is time we stop believing the lies and allow God to show us who we are and what He has put in us and in other people.
It is your responsibility to look at your spouse, family and friends and to encourage them into the person which God has made them to be. Our words can make or break a person. Get a download from heaven and speak love and life over the people in your life and over yourself. Allow God to set them free from the lies and bonds that this world has spoken over them by encouraging them and loving them for who they are, without reservation or prejudice.
Then take it a step further and look for the treasure in each person that you meet. Even if you cannot initially see it, look for it, it is there, God is a good God and He does not create failures. There is a treasure in each person and when we love them, we accept them and we free them to be who God intended them to be.
I do not love because I’m a good person and because I was just born this way, all happy and full of love. I love because I had an encounter with the One who is Love. I love because loving is the unstoppable effect of meeting with Jesus. I love because He has taken me from a dark, lost and selfish place and set my feet upon a rock. I love not because I am good, but because someone good is now in me. I do not have the capacity in me to extend love to every person, but He fills the gap between my possible and the impossible and I thank God that Love has found me.
“You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.” Songs 4:7
“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus.  And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.” Phil 1:3-11

When you listen to this song, don’t look at the pictures, but close your eyes and listen with your heart.

1 comment:

  1. Well written honey, and a good reminder for everybody in the world, christian or non-christian, to look out after each other and see the best in people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I would love for you to comment or email me your thoughts, questions or testimonies. Please comment in the box provided below or email the administrator - andlovewillfindyou@gmail.com.