Monday 28 January 2013

Having the upper hand!


We want to live every day knowing that we have the upper hand over our circumstances. We can always have the upper hand, because we have the Spirit of God living inside of us. As per the scripture below, David knew that God would rescue him, because God delights in David. David knew who he was and therefore he could claim the promises of God. He had the upper hand.
“He sent from on high, He took me;
He drew me out of many waters.
He rescued me from my strong enemy
and from those who hated me,
for they were too mighty for me.
They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out into a broad place;
He rescued me, because He delighted in me.” Psalm 18:16-19
The same can be said for us as we are children of God and He delights in us. I think we can often forget that He delights in us and we forget that He is always ready to support and guide us. We might not always know what He is doing, but He will “send from on high” and He will “bring me into a broad place” at the appointed time. David was confident, because he knew who God is and His character. He knew that God is the type of friend who always has your back in the battle.
The more we get to know God, the more confident we become and we build a foundation of trust on Him and His word. I think that we sometimes forget that the journey should be a joyous one, even though we walk through deep water sometimes, He will always carry us through. We do not have to doubt Him! The Bible says: “in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” Romans 8:37
We are more than conquerors because of what Jesus has done, not because of what we are doing. The victory is ours before we even lift a finger. It is not what we are doing, but what Jesus has done and we have to live in the truth and the reality of who we are now. The only thing that we can do is be willing, humble and listen to God’s voice. He desires a relationship, He wants to spend time with you, have fun with you and laugh with you. Be sensitive to His whispers and give Him your undivided attention when you feel Him tugging at your heart. You are one word away from the solution to whatever you are facing at the moment. Do not miss out. He will give you the strength to face every day with peace, love and heaps of joy. You have the upper hand!

Photo credit: seasidesunsets

1 comment:

  1. Great words. Just what I needed to hear. Thank you for sharing these truths. I found your blog on from a link on a comment you posted on Proverbs 31 Ministries blog. So glad God led me here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I would love for you to comment or email me your thoughts, questions or testimonies. Please comment in the box provided below or email the administrator - andlovewillfindyou@gmail.com.