Thursday 14 November 2013

And lift off!!


In my last blog I wrote about the worm and the cocoon phase, you might want to read that first for some context before continuing to read this post.

Your challenge, struggle or storm (aka metamorphosis ;) ) takes time, sometimes the whole cycle takes a day or a week, but sometimes it can take a few months or years, all depending on the size and depth of the revelation and change, but there is always a reward after every storm or struggle and therefore I think that the butterfly phase is awesome! You have learnt what you could, applied it as best you could, fought the good fight and now it's time to live and teach. I enjoy this phase as I love teaching and sharing. It's a time to give testimonies and encourage others.

I'm always excited about the butterfly phase, to me it's almost the reward at the end of the cycle of learning. You get perspective as you stick your head out of the cocoon, life makes sense again and as you spread your wings to fly for the first time with your new wisdom, joy is abundant. Your mind is clear and you are completely unstuck. (I always feel a bit stuck in the cocoon) :)
There is still a challenge though…

Did you know that a butterfly uses its wings to break out of the cocoon? It needs to do that in order for the wings to gain strength through the process and ultimately enabling it to fly. If you thus help a butterfly out of its cocoon, you would actually kill it, because it never developed its wings and thus won't be able to fly. I can't explain the entire process, as I'm not a biologist, but i think it's pretty awesome.

The challenge for us would then also be to break out of the cocoon and fly. It's not always easy, because the cocoon process was shaping and vulnerable and we need to gain some courage and boldness to push out of the cocoon. Also, people might not agree with our revelations, might resist our changes or persecute us for them and thus there is always a choice, remain in the cocoon or fly. Stay in the comfort zone or take a leap of faith. If we never leave the cocoon, we'll never experience the reward.

Life was made to share, whether it is a struggle or a victory and we shouldn't be afraid of sharing our struggles and victories, but rather embrace them so that others can be encouraged. Take a leap of faith today and share your testimony, you never know who you might inspire!

“And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.” Revelation 12:11 ESV

Picture credit: imgfave

2 comments:

  1. Hi, came over from Proverbs 31..looking forward to reading your blog again.

    I know the Lord is pursuing me to step out..as he has done so many times before but I do it, then I revert. I do it then I revert again. Butterflies surely cant do that! Its kinda weird because outside of a church setting I'm more comfortable moving from one opportunity to minister to another, volunteering, etc. but inside a church setting is where I will get excited (im steppin out) and pumped up for a while and then then I decide 'Id rather not be there, maybe its not for me (all types of excuses) . My husband and I had a horrible situation happen with a church we joined over 16 years ago and still haven't joined a church yet!

    Reading your post has forced me to think about this once again and really seek God about how I can gain victory over this area in my life.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi, Thank you so much for your comment and happy to hear that the post could inspire you. :) It's sad to hear about your earlier church experience. I have also had an unfortunate experience, but thank goodness that the church is not God and that He never disappoints. It would be interesting to investigate what holds you back every time in a church environment. Pop me an email if you feel like elaborating. :) Be blessed and I trust that God will lead you to victory! x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog! I would love for you to comment or email me your thoughts, questions or testimonies. Please comment in the box provided below or email the administrator - andlovewillfindyou@gmail.com.